1. “Parental love is the only love that is truly selfless, unconditional and forgiving.
2. “What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.
3. “The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.
James E. Faust
4. “We never know the love of a parent until we become parents ourselves.
Henry Ward Beecher
5. “There is no friendship, no love, like that of the parent for the child.
Henry Ward Beecher
6. “When you look into your mother’s eyes, you know that is the purest love you can find on this earth.
7. “No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star.
Edwin Hubbell Chapin
8. “A father’s goodness is higher than the mountain, a mother’s goodness deeper than the sea.
9. “No matter how far we come, our parents are always in us.
10. “By loving them for more than their abilities we show our children that they are much more than the sum of their accomplishments.
11. “A parent’s love is whole no matter how many times divided.
12. “That’s the nature of being a parent, Sabine has discovered. You’ll love your children far more than you ever loved your parents, and – in the recognition that your own children cannot fathom the depth of your love – you come to understand the tragic, unrequited love of your own parents.
13. “Parents love is whole, no matter how many times it’s divided.
14. “As your kids grow they may forget what you said, but won’t forget how you made them feel.
15. “If you raise your children to feel that they can accomplish any goal or task they decide upon, you will have succeeded as a parent and you will have given your children the greatest of all blessings.
16. “We must love them for themselves, and not for the best of ourselves in them, and that is a great deal harder to do. Loving our own children is an exercise for the imagination.
17. “Each day of our lives we make deposits in the memory banks of our children.
Charles R. Swindoll
18. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world, you had to earn it.
19. “My parents are my backbone. Still are. They’re the only group that will support you if you score zero or you score 40.
20. “Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
21. “The Parental predisposition to love prevails in the most harrowing of circumstances.
22. “Affirming words from moms and dads are like light switches. Speak a word of affirmation at the right moment in a child’s life and it’s like lighting up a whole roomful of possibilities.
23. “Love is the chain whereby to bind a child to its parents.