1. Sensitive people care when the world doesn’t because we understand waiting to be rescued and no one shows up. We have rescued ourselves, so many times that we have become self taught in the art of compassion for those forgotten.
2. No matter who it is or how comfortable you are with someone, when anyone yells at you or talks down to you, you immediately erupt in tears.
3. Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away. Your destiny is bound with the destinies of others. You must either learn to carry the Universe or be crushed by it. You must grow strong enough to love the world, yet empty enough to sit down at the same table with its worst horrors
4. Sometimes I sit alone under the stars and think of the galaxies inside my heart and truly wonder if anyone will ever want to make sense of all that I am
5. Sensitive people like a slower pace of life. We like pondering all our options before making a decision and regularly reflecting on our experiences. We hate busy schedules and rushing from one event to the next
6. Even a moderate and familiar stimulation, like a day at work, can cause a highly sensitive person to need quiet by evening.
7. If their friends and family realize that that’s just how they are — that they cry easily — and support that form of expression, then ‘crying easily’ will not be seen as something shameful.
8. To the girls who get called sensitive too often, don’t let the bitter in heart stop you from feeling everything deeply. To feel is to experience life fully.
9. Women are sensitive, they over think every little thing and they care way more than they should, but that’s what makes their love so strong.
10. Sensitive souls don’t have it easy in this cruel world. They feel like their souls are getting trampled on in so many ways. That’s why you see their eyes light up when they can caress a face or an animal, or breathe in the scent of a flower.
11. Never apologize for being sensitive or emotional. Let this be a sign that you’ve got a big heart and aren’t afraid to let others see it. Showing your emotions is a sign of strength.
12. Emotions aren’t a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength and passion
13. Don’t be afraid to be ‘too’ Too emotional, too childish, too straight-forward, too whatever. There always will be someone who will love you for who you are, who’ll find special enchantment in all your, ‘too’s’
14. Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place
15. At the end of the day, sensitive people are misunderstood and often a target to people who can sense their sensitivity or their vulnerability. So to protect yourself, you act like you’re tough and you even get defensive because you don’t want anyone to hold your sensitivity against you