1. People have to pretend you’re a bad person so they don’t feel guilty about the things they did to you
2. Trust men and they will be true to you; treat them greatly and they will show themselves great.
3. When you treat people the right way, it’s amazing the avenues that open up for you.
4. If you treat an individual… as if he were what he ought to be and could be, he will become what he ought to be and could be.
5. People who treat other people as less than human must not be surprised when the bread they have cast on the waters comes floating back to them, poisoned.
6. Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend to them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again.
7. I treat everybody equal, and so I want to be sure that my listeners and my followers do the same if they’re gonna represent me. And if I’m gonna represent them, then I also want to do it in a good way.
8. Politeness and civility are the best capital ever invested in the business. Large stores, gilt signs, flaming advertisements, will all prove unavailing if you or your employees treat your patrons abruptly. The truth is, the more kind and liberal a man is, the more generous will be the patronage bestowed upon him.
9. If you hit a Talib with your shoe, then there would be no difference between you and the Talib. You must not treat others with cruelty and that much harshly, you must fight others but through peace and through dialogue and through education.
10. Maxim for life: You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.
11. Most people treat the present moment as if it were an obstacle that they need to overcome. Since the present moment is life itself, it is an insane way to live.
12. Well, I think a lot of times we’re putting things off and I’m going to do it later. I’m going to break this bad habit or I’m going to pursue this dream or I’m going to treat my spouse better.
13. It is an affront to treat falsehood with complaisance.