Never regret being a good person, to the wrong people. Your behavior says everything about you, and their behavior says enough about them.
1. “It’s a lot easier to do good work when you have good words to say and work with good people.
2. “Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.
3. “Good people are like candles; they burn themselves up to give others light.
4. “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees. The greatest work that kindness does to others is that it makes them kind themselves.
5. “History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
Martin Luther King
6. “The point is not that I don’t recognize bad people when I see them I grant you I may quite well be taken in by them the point is that I know a good person when I see one.
7. “Surround yourself with good people. People who are going to be honest with you and look out for your best interests.
8. “It is wonderful how much time good people spend fighting the devil. If they would only expend the same amount of energy loving their fellow men, the devil would die in his own tracks of ennui.
9. “Only a kind person is able to judge another justly and to make allowances for his weaknesses. A kind eye, while recognizing defects, sees beyond them.
Lawrence G. Lovasik
10. “The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
11. “The greatest pleasure I have known is to do a good action by stealth and to have it found out by accident.
12. “They say that some people come in our life as blessings and others as lessons, but to be specific and precise only simple and humble people with the utmost simplicity in their lives only come as blessings in a person’s life.
13. “You taught me to be nice, so nice that now I am so full of niceness, I have no sense of right and wrong, no outrage, no passion.
14. “There is no such thing as people who are all wicked or even all good. Everyone chooses. But even they, even they looked at people and saw only tools. No one is a cup for another to drink from.
Catherynne M. Valente
15. “Kind words are a creative force, a power that concurs in the building up of all that is good, and energy that showers blessings upon the world.
Lawrence G. Lovasik
16. “Sometimes good people make bad choices. It doesn’t mean they are bad people, it means they’re human.
17. “Great persons are able to do great kindnesses.
Miguel De Cervantes
18. “When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.
Abraham Joshua Heschel
19. “When you carry out acts of kindness you get a wonderful feeling inside. It is as though something inside your body responds and says, yes, this is how I ought to feel.
20. “When good people consider you the bad guy, you develop a heart to help the bad ones. You actually understand them.
21. “A loving person lives in a loving world. A hostile person lives in a hostile world: everyone you meet is your mirror.
Ken Keyes Jr.
22. “If a man is gracious and courteous to strangers, it shows he is a citizen of the world.
23. “No person is wholly bad who is kind to any living thing.
Lewis F. Korns
24. “How much easier it is to act kindly and naturally to our fellow men, and even to the domestic, useful and faithful animals about us than to effect a rude and boisterous demeanor, which is sure not only to make others despise us, but on reflection to cause us to despise ourselves.
Nicias Ballard Cooksey
25. “Shall we make a new rule of life from tonight: always to try to be a little kinder than is necessary?
J. M. Barrie
26. “Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
27. “Men are cruel, but Man is kind.
28. “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.
29. “A person who is nice to you, but rude to the waiter, is not a nice person.
30. “It’s not true that nice guys finish last. Nice guys are winners before the game even starts.