1. Breaking up is like having the worst nightmare after having the best dream.
2. Tolerance is love sick with the sickness of haughtiness.
3. A love-sick heart dies when the heart is whole, for all the heart’s health is to be sick with love.
4. The hunger for love is much more difficult to remove than the hunger for bread.
5. All fancy-sick she is and pale of cheer, with sighs of love, that costs the fresh blood dear.
6. Many men kill themselves for love, but many more women die of it.
7. Experience is how life catches up with us and teaches us to love and forgive each other.
8. No matter how lovesick a woman is, she shouldn’t take the first pill that comes along!
9. A wolf is handsome in the eyes of a lovesick girl.
10. The pain of love is the pain of being alive. It is a perpetual wound.
11. The fact that the word lovesick exists, that the simple absence of a person can make you feel physically ill, says a great deal about the terrible power of the human heart.
12. The lovesick, the betrayed, and the jealous all smell alike.
13. The sad truth is so many people are in love and not together and so many people are together and not in love.