Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.
1. “You will never be happy if you continue to search for what happiness consists of. You will never live if you are looking for the meaning of life.
2. “Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness. It is far better to take things as they come along with patience and equanimity.
3. “Even if happiness forgets you a little bit, never completely forget about it.
4. “If you look to others for fulfillment, you will never be fulfilled. If your happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you.
5. “Most men pursue pleasure with such breathless haste, that they hurry past it.
6. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.
7. “Your success and happiness lie in you. Resolve to keep happy, and your joy and you shall form an invincible host against difficulties.
8. “Most people would rather be certain they’re miserable than risk being happy.
9. “Life is ten percent what happens to you and ninety percent how you respond to it.
10. “Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.
Thich Nhat Hanh
11. “It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about.
12. “It’s pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness. Poverty and wealth have both failed.
Frank Mckinney Kin Hubbard
13. “To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.
15. “A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning.
16. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
17. “The supreme happiness of life is the conviction that one is loved; loved for oneself, or better yet, loved despite oneself.
18. “One of the secrets of a long and fruitful life is to forgive everybody everything every night before you go to bed.
19. “Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within yourself, in your way of thinking.
20. “Let us be grateful to the people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.
21. “The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than growing with them.
Bernard M. Baruch
22. “Life is just a mirror, and what you see out there, you must first see inside of you.
Wally ‘Famous’ Amos
23. “You cannot judge what should bring others joy, and others cannot judge what should bring you joy.
24. “What matters in life is not what happens to you but what you remember and how you remember it.
Gabriel Garcia Marquez
25. “A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
26. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.
27. “Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.
28. “Open-minded, optimistic and flexible people always end up winning the battle in life.
29. “The opportunity to truly live doesn’t wait. Either you use it or you lose it.
30. “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.
James M. Barrie