1. “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy in it.
2. “Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, worn or consumed. Happiness is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.
3. “Being happy is something that each of us determines, it is not something that we find outside of ourself, it is within us and our choice.
4. “Mankind are always happier for having been happy; so that if you make them happy now, you make them happy twenty years hence by the memory of it.
5. “If you want to be happy, set a goal that commands your thoughts, liberates your energy, and inspires your hopes.
6. “The greatest part of our happiness depends on our dispositions, not our circumstances.
7. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.
8. “The most important thing is to enjoy your life—to be happy—it’s all that matters.
9. “A happy life consists not in the absence, but in the mastery of hardships.
10. “A happy life is one spent in learning, earning, and yearning.
11. “Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.
12. “My greatest beauty secret is being happy with myself. I don’t use special creams or treatments – I’ll use a little bit of everything. It’s a mistake to think you are what you put on yourself. I believe that a lot of how you look is to do with how you feel about yourself and your life. Happiness is the greatest beauty secret.
13. “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.
Dalai Lama XIV
14. “Doing what you like is freedom. Liking what you do is happiness.
15. “One of the biggest challenges in trying to be happy right now isn’t that we don’t know how to be happy. It’s mostly that we just don’t do it. We don’t make the time for happiness, for peace, and for overall joy in our life.
16. “Happiness is not defined by any circumstance, condition, or person. You need not tie your happiness to anything. The choice to be happy is always yours to make. Make that choice and cultivate a happy spirit.
Dr Anil Kr Sinha
17. “The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be.
18. “Happiness is the art of learning how to get joy from your substance.
19. “Happiness is found in doing, not merely possessing.
20. “Better to be happy than wise.
21. “Real happiness is cheap enough, yet how dearly we pay for its counterfeit.
22. “Happiness lies in the consciousness we have of it, and by no means, in the way, the future keeps its promises.
23. “The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.
Henry Ward Beecher
24. “True happiness ne’er entered at an eye; true happiness resides in things unseen.
25. “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim, and end of human existence.
26. “It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.
27. “Happy the man, and happy he alone, He who can call today his own: he who, secure within, can say, tomorrow, do thy worst, for I have lived today.
28. “The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance, the wise grows it under his feet.
J. Robert Oppenheimer
29. “A happy man is too satisfied with the present to dwell too much on the future.
30. “Happiness is the aim of life. Virtue is the foundation of happiness. The utility is the test of virtue. If the wise be the happy man, as the sages say, he must be virtuous too; for without virtue, happiness cannot be.